- GPS Address: 10 Bridge Street, Phoenicia, New York 12464
- Zone: Kingston to Phoenicia
- Phone Number: 845-688-5553
- Website URL: www.towntinker.com
- Activities: Tubing, Water Sports, Shopping, Picnics, Group Recreation
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Town-Tinker-Tube-Rental/258888198193
For over 35 years, the Town Tinker Tube Rental has provided whitewater equipment for adrenaline seekers to come and experience the intensity of the rapids on the Esopus Creek.
The course begins upstream from the Town Tinker headquarters in Phoenicia, NY, and contains the best and most extreme whitewater the Esopus has to offer. Depending on the water height, an average tubing trip takes between 1 ½ to 2 hours. Transportation to the entry points is provided by the Town Tinker Tube Taxi.
The Esopus Creek is NOT a lazy river! It’s a class II whitewater, which means 1 to 3 foot waves and rapids. It is not a man-made amusement park ride; there are real rocks and trees that can get in your way. Tubers must be physically capable of maneuvering around obstacles, and have the ability to recover when tossed out of the tube.
The Town Tinker staff is expertly trained to supply you with all of the equipment and gear needed. All tubers will receive safety instructions on how to properly use the equipment and what to look for on the creek. There are no guides or attendants on the Esopus, so tubing is at your own risk.
All Tubers must be over 12 years’ old and good swimmers. Life jackets are mandatory and helmets are strongly suggested. Helmets are required for ages 12-14.
Tubing with the Town Tinker Tube Rental is fun, exciting, and a Summer Adventure you’re sure to remember.
Open daily Memorial Day weekend through September 30th (weekends by reservation only after Labor Day), 9 am – 6 pm – last rentals at 4 pm. Group rates and reservations available. Call (845) 688-5553 for more information, visit our website at www.towntinker.com or check out our Facebook page.
This summer, experience tubing the Esopus with Town Tinker Tube Rental!
To Make You Smile
• Changing Booths
• Water shoes / Waterproof cameras & cases available
• T-Shirts and other retail sales
• Within walking distance to shops & restaurants
• Group Picnic Area
• Can accommodate large groups
• Charter Bus Parking